What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to your computer when you access our site. The cookies used on our site are anonymous and contain no personal information (such as name and address) or credit card details, but do identify your computer so that you can navigate our site more easily and our website can remember your preferences.
Cookies are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or via your computer.
For more information regarding deleting and controlling cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org
Our cookies policy
Our cookies identify your computer so that:
• You do not have to give the same information several times during one task.
• The website recognises that you have entered your username and password and you therefore do not have to input this information for every web page requested.
• We can measure the number of users utilising specific services, so they can be made easier to use and we can ensure there is enough capacity to keep them fast.
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can continue to use the site but only to browse. You can turn off cookie settings, please refer to our managing cookies section for instructions.
In addition, we do use some third party advertising cookies which allow us to display products similar to what you appear to be interested in. If you would prefer to opt-out of this, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
First party cookies
Below is a list of the cookies set by the Explore website, and the purpose of each cookie.
|__utmb||Takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when you enter our site.|
|__utmc||Takes a timestamp of the exact moment in time when you leave our site.|
|jfcookie[lang]||Stores your chosen language.|
|SERVERID||Stores the load balanced server that is being used for your session.|
|TRADEDOUBLER||Tracks an affiliate lead through to the booking process.|
|zen_explore_tpl||Stores your preferred template.|
|_#sess||Records the time and date of each visit, as well as which pages have been viewed and how many pages you have visited.|
|_#vdf||Stores the number of visits within a conversion path. It also stores information relating to the source used to reach our site.|
|_#uid||Records your Unique ID which is used to allocate visiting information to past visits.|
|d4dad6935f632ac35975e3001dc7bbe8||Stores the session, so we can offer a wishlist and last search.|
|__utma||Monitors the number of times you have been to our site in the duration of the cookie, including when your first and last visits were.|
|__utmz||A Google Analytics cookie used to monitor the source of your visit to our site and the physical location that you have accessed the website from. This also allows the analytics programme to attribute a goal conversion or an eCommerce transaction to a specific medium.|
|_#srchist||Records your journey within our site and any visits thereafter. This also records information relation to your traffic source.|
|Livezilla||Stores an unidentifiable string which links your visit to any live chats, aiding us in assisting you better via this platform.|
|SBSource||A cookie which determines the source from where customers are visiting our website. This cookie is set per visit and allows Explore to track the information needed to attribute some referred sales.|
|session||This cookie helps Explore to better understand the time that our visitors spend on site, on page, and within content sections|
|voucherCode||This cookie helps Explore to better understand our users who have used a voucher code during the checkout process|
Third Party Cookies
Explore uses a number of third party applications which also set cookies to deliver the services that they are providing. Below is a list of cookies set by third party suppliers, and the purpose of each cookie.
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Records information relating to your session.|
|stc3307||Captures information about the user’s machine which allows our tracking software to check whether or not to resubmit the data.|
|stc1304||Used to de-duplicate any visits to the site from a traffic source within a 10 minute window. If you enter our site and then leave and visit again within 10 minutes, that visit is only counted once and not twice.|
|.doubleclick.net||Doubleclick ‘Spotlight Tags’ are used to measure the effectiveness of online marketing campaigns.|
|Affiliate Window (awXXXX)||An Affiliate Window cookie is used to track websites that are sending customers to our website from theirs so that we can reward them for the referral. The cookie is retained for 30 days. |
Affiliate Window cookies are marked awXXXX where XXXX is the ID of the website referring the visitor to our website according to Affiliate Window. An Affiliate Window cookie captures click date/time, IP address, affiliate ID, click reference, product ID, sale amount and order reference.
To enable cookies
If you’re not sure of the type and version of web browser you use to access the Internet:
For PCs: click on ‘Help’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘About’ option
For Macs: with the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the ‘About’ option
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Click the ‘Under the Hood’ tab, locate the ‘Privacy’ section, and select the ‘Content settings’ button
3. Now select ‘Allow local data to be set’
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Internet options’ , then click on the ‘Privacy’ tab
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
1. Click on ‘Tools’ at the top of your browser window and select Options
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select ‘allow sites to set cookies’
1. Click on the Cog icon at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’, check the option that says ‘Block third-party and advertising cookies’
3. Click ‘Save’
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
1. Click on ‘Explorer’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Preferences’ options
2. Scroll down until you see ‘Cookies’ under Receiving Files
3. Select the ‘Never Ask’ option
Safari on OSX
1. Click on ‘Safari’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Click on ‘Security’ then ‘Accept cookies’
3. Select the ‘Only from site you navigate to’
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
1. Click on ‘Mozilla’ or ‘Netscape’ at the top of your browser window and select the ‘Preferences’ option
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under ‘Privacy & Security’
3. Select ‘Enable cookies for the originating web site only’
1. Click on ‘Menu’ at the top of your browser window and select ‘Settings’
2. Then select ‘Preferences’, select the ‘Advanced’ tab
3. Then select ‘Accept cookies’ option
Please consult your documentation or online help files.
For any further information please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed departures following tried and tested routes with a small group of like-minded travellers, escorted by one of our award-winning tour leaders.
Carefully crafted trips which are the product of nearly 10 years of specialist knowledge, expertise and first-hand travel experience.
Flexible, custom-made holidays to Latin America: our tailor-made itineraries are as unique as the clients for whom they are designed.
The most fascinating excursions to the ancient land of the Incas, where you can enjoy each of the wonders that amaze the entire world.
Choquequirao, Yanama, Vilcabamba, Machupicchu, Cusco, Peru.
Thoughtful thoughts to your inbox